Hey, Nanaimo! We want to help you start off 2022 by being active for a chance to win some great prizes!
Take5Nanaimo poster and activity list
HOW TO PLAY:
- Participate in at least 5 of the Take 5 Activity List (see below) by yourself or with your family.
- Take 5 photos of you or your family participating (you can send 5 separate photos or send a collage of the photos).
- Email your photos to email@example.com or through Instagram (@cityofnanaimo) and by using the hashtag #take5nanaimo.
- Submissions will be entered into a draw for some great prizes, including a Parks, Recreation and Culture Active Pass and other prizes to help keep you active.
- Deadline for submissions is January 18, 2022 at 4:30 pm.
TAKE 5 ACTIVITY OPTIONS (Choose 5 from the list below):
Complete an indoor body weight workout
Go for a run outside
Visit Maffeo Sutton Park
Complete an outdoor workout
Participate in an online yoga class
Skip for 30 seconds (with or without a rop) and then repeat
Chase your children around their favourite playground
Do 30 push-ups (floor or wall)
Go for a swim at Nanaimo Aquatic Centre or Beban Pool
Go skating at Nanaimo Ice Centre or Frank Crane Arena
Practice a martial art
Go to the driving range
Try a YouTube fitness class
Take your dog for a walk at a local park
Ride your bike or walk instead of drIving to a destination
Play tennis at one of the City parks, such as Beban Park
Go sledding in a local park (remember your helmet)
Speed walk around the Caledonia Park track
Do 30 sit-ups
Score 10 baskets in a row
Play 9 holes of disc golf at Bowen Park
Participate in an online dance class
Play road hockey
Walk the newly renovated Seabold Rotary Park stairs
Walk Departure Bay Beach
Try an outdoor workout at Oliver Woods Community Centre
Go fishing at Diver Lake Park
Take your children for a roll at the Harewood Skate Park
Try a new outdoor sport
Hike Neck Point Park
Go for a paddle at one our lakes, such as Long Lake
Play pickleball at Oliver Woods or outdoors
Do 10 chin-ups at one of our playgrounds
Play soccer at one of Nanaimo’s turf fields