Temporary Public Art Program
Each year, artists are invited to submit proposals for temporary public art. Submissions are reviewed by a selection committee, and successful artworks are installed in City parks and public spaces for one year.
How to submit your temporary public art proposal for 2019
We are currently accepting artist proposals for 2019. The call for proposals is issued through Bid Opportunities. The deadline for proposals is Monday, October 22, 2018 (3:00 pm). Chosen artworks will be installed in May 2019 as part of Public Art Week.
* ROCK DRAGON by Heather Wall
* EVERYTHING HAPPENS SO MUCH by Ben Sopow (Maffeo Sutton Gallery Row)
* THE JESTER by Marc Walter (Maffeo Sutton Park)
* BIG BIRD by Ronald Simmer (Maffeo Sutton Spirit Square)
* TAKING FLIGHT by Angellos Glaros (McGregor Park across from Port Theatre)
* OWL UNDER THE OAKS by Scott Gillies (Maffeo Sutton Gallery Row)
* FOREST CLOAK by Maggie Wouterloot (Maffeo Sutton Park)
* DRIFTWOOD NESTS by Deryk & Samuel Houston (Maffeo Sutton Spirit Square)
* THE HUNTER by Sheldon Murphy (Maffeo Sutton Gallery Row)
* GIANT PACIFIC OCTOPUS by Laura & Michael Timmermans (Queen Elizabeth Promenade)
* WINDOWS TO NANAIMO by Jessica Kang (inside Vancouver Island Conference Centre)
You can view all of the City's public art online using the Public Art Inventory.