Temporary Public Art Program
Each year, artists are invited to submit proposals for temporary public art. Submissions are reviewed by a selection committee, and successful artworks are installed in City parks and public spaces for one year.
How to submit your art proposal
The call for proposals is issued through Bid Opportunities. Intake for 2018 art proposals has closed. Chosen artworks will be installed in May 2018 as part of Public Art Week.
* ROCK DRAGON by Heather Wall
* EVERYTHING HAPPENS SO MUCH by Ben Sopow
* THE JESTER by Marc Walter
* BIG BIRD by Ronald Simmer
* TAKING FLIGHT by Angellos Glaros
* OWL UNDER THE OAKS by Scott Gillies
* FOREST CLOAK by Maggie Wouterloot
* DRIFTWOOD NESTS by Deryk & Samuel Houston
* THE HUNTER by Sheldon Murphy
* GIANT PACIFIC OCTOPUS by Laura & Michael Timmermans
* WINDOWS TO NANAIMO by Jessica Kang
You can view all of the City's public art online using the Public Art Inventory.