Brick Cottage

Description

The Brick Cottage is an excellent example of a community preservation project. Built around 1910 as an office or storage building for a minor local coal company, the small rectangular building and grounds were converted into a residence and small farmstead in the 1920s. Over time, a frame addition and concrete milk house were added to the rear. In 1999, as part of a community preservation project, the original modest, brick building, minus the addition and milk house, was relocated to its current location to accommodate road construction. The building is currently owned by the municipality and used as an environmental and historical interpretation centre for the adjoining park.

Telephone
Street Address

1904 Jingle Pot Road
Nanaimo

Map Legend
Artists
Culinary Arts and Food
Cultural Facilities
Cultural Heritage
Cultural Industries
Cultural Organizations
Natural Heritage

Help us improve our website

Don't include private or financial information in this form.