B.C. Telephone Exchange Building

Description

The B.C.Telephone Exchange Building is a very good example of a vernacular Edwardian style commercial building. The taller building, purchased by B.C. Telephone in 1908, was built around 1900 as a lodge for the Knights of Pythias and featured classical columns and pediments. In 1926, B.C. Telephone purchased the smaller adjacent building and undertook an extensive renovation to visually unify the two buildings. They were later joined with an addition that now forms the main entry.

Telephone
Street Address

70 Bastion Street
Nanaimo
V9R 3A1

Map Legend
Artists
Culinary Arts and Food
Cultural Facilities
Cultural Heritage
Cultural Industries
Cultural Organizations
Natural Heritage

Help us improve our website

Don't include private or financial information in this form.