Distributed February 15, 2017 3:57 PM
Road users notified of one day closure of College Drive
Water supply main project approaches completion
As the College Park Duplicate Water Supply Main project reaches its terminus, the installation contractor requires a one-day closure of College Drive. The road will be temporarily closed in front of College Park Reservoir between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm while construction crews install a section of steel pipe crossing the road into the site.
Residents are asked to use Calder Road and Harwell Road as an alternate access. This work is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, February 22*, however check local signage and the City construction projects website for any updates.
Construction is expected to be complete by the end of April.
*Updated: Original date of closure was scheduled for February 21.
Strategic Link: This project supports the Asset Management priority of the Strategic Plan.
- College Drive will be temporarily closed in front of College Park Reservoir for one day between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- This work is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, February 22.
- Commuters and residents are encouraged to follow the City's Construction Projects Website, Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates.
- The new water supply main will provide additional capacity to permit growth for the north end of the City.
- Approximately 1300m of the 1500m supply main has been installed to date.