Distributed February 8, 2017 8:47 AM
An update on solid waste collections during snowy conditions
The City of Nanaimo has resumed collection of garbage, recycling and kitchen waste for today, Wednesday February 8th.
Strategic Link: n/a
- Residents are asked to consider their own safety and that of the refuse collector when placing out solid waste for collection.
- Please ensure it is in a safe accessible place. Place it on the edge of your property as close to the roadway as possible without being in the roadway; a good example would be an open driveway.
- A number of refuse collectors have been injured during the snowy weather. Please be aware that refuse collectors cannot climb over snow banks or walk on packed ice to collect solid waste.
- Solid Waste collections have been impacted by the snow with some collections being missed.
- If your collection was missed please take it off the curbside and place it back out on your next scheduled collection day for that specific type of waste.
- We will take double the amount of waste on your next scheduled collection day without the need for extra tags. If you find that you have excess kitchen waste please place in your garbage (this is an exception for the snowy weather).