Distributed February 3, 2017 9:30 AM
Drivers advised to drive with care on all road surfaces
City crews out clearing and salting priority roads first
Winter driving conditions have returned on Nanaimo roads with slushy, packed snow and ice surfaces in place on main routes and snow on secondary routes. Road crews are active to reduce slippery conditions. Motorists are asked to drive with extreme care.
Strategic Link: N/A
- Drivers are reminded to use caution when approaching traffic signals and stop signs; allow extra time and distance when stopping; give ample room for snow clearing equipment when it is out on the road; and please do not attempt to pass equipment and crews when they are working.
- The City's priority for snow clearing sees major roads, including emergency and bus routes, ploughed first, followed by residential areas with collector roads, followed by cul-de-sacs and dead ends.
- To report a concern or make a suggestion regarding snow and ice control, please contact the City of Nanaimo Public Works department at 250-758-5222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Property owners and occupants are reminded to remove snow and ice from sidewalks within 24 hours of a snow event ending.
- Due to snowy and challenging road conditions, residents should expect possible delays today for regular curb-side pick-up services.