Distributed January 20, 2017 8:00 AM
Road users notified of one day closure of College Drive
Water supply main installation passes half way mark
As part of the College Park Duplicate Water Supply Main project, the installation contractor requires a one-day closure of College Drive. The road will be temporarily closed west of the Nanaimo Parkway between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm while construction crews install a single section of large diameter steel water main. The southbound College Drive off-ramp and west bound through lane from Fifth Street will be closed.
Residents are asked to use Calder Road and Westwood Road as an alternate access. This work is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday January 25, however check local signage and the City construction projects website for any updates.
Construction is expected to be complete by the end of April.
Strategic Link: This project supports the Asset Management priority of the Strategic Plan.
- College Drive west of the Nanaimo Parkway will be temporarily closed for one day between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- This work is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday January 25.
- Commuters and residents are encouraged to follow the City's Construction Projects Website, Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates.
- The new water supply main will provide additional capacity to permit growth for the north end of the City.
- Approximately 900m of the 1.5km supply main has been installed to date.