Distributed December 20, 2016 4:15 PM
City Puts 100 Gordon Street on the Market
The City of Nanaimo is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from the development community for a parcel of City owned land located downtown at 100 Gordon Street. The City owned parcel is adjacent to the Vancouver Island Conference Centre (VICC) and has been identified as a suitable location for a hotel in the past.
Council is looking for the development community to present their ideas for the property and are open to proposals that may or may not include a hotel as part of the project. The EOI is available on the City's website, under "Bid Opportunities."
Strategic Link: Asset Management - disposing of surplus City assets. Taking Responsibility - facilitating change in line with existing plans and policies.
- The EOI is open until 2017-Jan-27.
- Submissions received from the development community will be brought back to Council for consideration.
- Once a preferred proponent is identified, formal negotiations will take place.
- 100 Gordon Street is a City owned property, adjacent to the VICC.
- The property is pan handle shaped, 0.17ha (0.42 acres) in size.
- The property is zoned DT6 - Port Place which provides for a wide range of commercial and residential uses.