Distributed June 16, 2016 10:00 AM
Summer concerts return to Nanaimo's parks
City of Nanaimo Parks, Recreation and Environment is pleased to announce the return of the popular Summer Concerts in the Parks starting July 6.
Concerts will be held Wednesday nights in July at the Bowen Park Amphitheatre from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm and will move to Maffeo Suttan Park on Wednesday nights from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm in August. The Lunchtime Concerts in the Park will also return on Mondays in Maffeo Sutton Park starting July 13 from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm and will move to Bowen Park in August.
Strategic Link: The Summer Concerts in the Park series supports the Cultural Vitality Pillar.
- Summer Concerts in the Park series starts July 6 and runs until August 31.
- Summer Concerts in the Park Lunchtime Series runs every Monday from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm in Maffeo Sutton Park in July and moves to Bowen Park starting August 8 until August 29. No concert on holiday Monday, August 1.
- July 6, 13, 20 and 27 (Wednesday evenings) concerts will be held at the Bowen Park Amphitheatre from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- August 3, 17, 24, 31 (Wednesday evenings) concerts will be held in Maffeo Sutton Park from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. ( no concert Aug 10)
- Nanaimo Senior's Village/Retirement Concepts is a sponsor of the Concerts in the Park series.