Distributed April 25, 2016 9:30 AM
Celebrate Youth Week in Nanaimo
Chose one event or come to them all
The City of Nanaimo, along with it's partners, is excited to celebrate Youth Week 2016. A number of events are planned from May 1 to May 7, throughout the community, all with the intent of celebrating teens in Nanaimo.
Events include the "Walk so Kids Can Talk", Dodgeball, Cartooning Workshop, Star Wars themed Glow in the Dark Skate, Movie & Popcorn Night, Floor Hockey, and a Workplace Safety and WHMIS training course for teens.
Strategic Link: Youth Week supports both the Social Equity and Cultural Vitality pillars of the City of Nanaimo's strategic plan.
- Youth week events are geared to youth between the ages of 10 and 18, however not all events are open to this entire age range.
- Events are scheduled over 7 days, from May 1-7, 2016
- Many events are free, however please confirm event details by viewing the event poster or visiting the YOUth Nanaimo Facebook page.
- Youth week events facilitate inclusion and engagement of young people in Nanaimo and celebrate their unique talents and culture.
- For most events pre-registration is required to adequately prepare resources.