Distributed April 4, 2016 2:30 PM
Give old household items a new life with Reuse Rendezvous
Annual City-wide swap meet will take place April 9 and 10
This coming the weekend, residents can join in on the City's annual swap meet, Reuse Rendezvous.
Reuse Rendezvous is Nanaimo’s longest running reuse event, designed to keep useful items from going to waste. Nanaimo's households can participate by taking unwanted toys, sporting goods, furniture, books, bikes and other items to the curb so that others can take and reuse them. Make it a success by marking items set out for others to take with a free tag and by removing and disposing of any leftovers after April 10.
Strategic Link: The Reuse Rendezvous event supports the City's ongoing commitment to environmental sustainability.
- Households – Find a match for your unwanted goods by putting them at the curb in front of your home on April 9 and 10.
- Mark items with “FREE” tags. Please remove any leftover items after April 10.
- Bargain lovers — Join in by searching the city for marked free items you can take home and reuse. Good used furniture, tools, clothing, sporting goods and toys are just some of the great finds you could discover.
- Have fun but be safe. Watch for children. Respect public and private property. Take only items that you can use. Slow down. Remember to obey traffic signs, speed limits and to park carefully.
- Participating in Reuse Rendezvous can help both you and the environment by finding a new home for your unwanted household items and diverting waste from the landfill.