Distributed February 4, 2016 1:59 PM
City temporarily recesses Committees and Commissions during Core Services Review
With the Core Services Review underway and with recommendations from the review's findings due in early May, Council has determined that meetings scheduled for some of the City's Committees and Commissions will be temporarily recessed until the review is completed.
This decision is intended to focus the City's attention and resources on the business of effectively completing the Core Services Review during the slated three-month time line. Of the City's 13 Committees and Commissions, the following eight are impacted.
* Advisory Committee on Environmental Sustainability
* Grants Advisory Committee
* Nanaimo Culture and Heritage Commission
* Parks and Recreation Commission
* Planning and Transportation Advisory Committee
* Red/Green Tape Committee (has not commenced)
* Safer Nanaimo Advisory Committee
* Social Planning Advisory Committee
Strategic Link: N/A
- During the three-month recess, Committee and Commission business will be addressed as follows: Directors will be responsible for day-to-day issues; the City Manager will address overall operational issues; and Council's direction will be sought on big picture policy and operational decisions.
- Committee and Commission members have been encouraged to contact City staff or appear before Council if they wish to raise or discuss Committee and Commission matters during this upcoming three-month period.
- The temporarily recess is effective immediately.