Governance Review Information
This web page communicates Council's work on the City of Nanaimo's Governance Review. Under this section, you will find direct links to Agendas, Minutes and Presentations for public Governance Review Steering Committee meetings, and reports arising from this committee.
In 2012, the City initiated an organization-wide Governance Review. The Review was identified as a top priority and was carried out to identify any gaps between the City's Operating Philosophy, according to its Strategic Plan, and its current policy-setting environment. To do so, Council established a Governance Review Steering Committee to support, guide and oversee the Review. The Steering Committee, composed of the entire Council, made recommendations to Council on the Final Report of the consultant. The Governance Committee was dissolved after the new Committees and Commissions realignment process that took place after the 2014 municipal election. Many recommendations of the Final Report were implemented before the dissolution of the Steering Committee, and Council will now oversee the completion of the remaining recommendations of the Governance Review.
Updates are shown in chronological order with the most recent information at the top of the list.
- Council Charter – June 9, 2014
- Role of Councillor – June 9, 2014
- Role of Mayor – June 9, 2014
- Council - Staff Protocol – June 9, 2014
- Council Procedure Bylaw Review Report – May 15, 2014
- Draft Procedure Bylaw (introduced on 2014-03-27 committee meeting) – March 18, 2014
- Governance Framework: Summary Report – June 2013
Meetings, Agendas and Minutes
- Council Procedure Bylaw No.7060 – April 20, 2015
- Strategic Plan Implementation Progress Report - January 19, 2015
- Strategic Plan Implementation Progress Report - July 21, 2014
- Strategic Plan Implementation Progress Report - April 28, 2014
- Strategic Plan Implementation Progress Report - January 27, 2014
- Strategic Plan One Year Review - September 30, 2013
- Strategic Plan Implementation Progress Report - July 22, 2013
- Strategic Plan Implementation Progress Report - April 15, 2013
- Strategic Plan Implementation Report - September 10, 2012
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions will be posted here in future.
If you have any questions about this process, please send an email to email@example.com.Go to Top