Nanaimo Fire Rescue Department is made up of 6 divisions:
- Operations - The largest division which is responsible for emergency medical services, fire suppression, mitigation of disasters and rescue activities.
- Fire & Loss Prevention - A four-person team responsible for fire investigations, fire inspections, fire plans checking and public education.
- Education and Training - Responsible for the design, development and implementation of the education and training program for a combined career and on call staff of 180 people. Ensures that educational programs include the most up-to-date techniques and methods.
- Infomatics and Communication - A dedicated group who receive and dispatch 911 calls for assistance to Nanaimo Fire Rescue as well as 26 other fire departments within the central island region.
- Nanaimo Emergency Management - Guides emergency management actions in the City of Nanaimo by reducing the likelihood and impact of major emergencies and disasters.
- Administration - dedicated professionals, both uniformed and non-uniformed, who help keep responders ready for action.
Behind the Scenes
Nanaimo Fire Rescue Department's service to the public consists of more than just fighting fires and responding to emergency calls. Nanaimo Fire Rescue Department's Administration Division (known as the Command and Business Centre) is located in downtown Nanaimo to be accessible to all five fire stations. Assisting the Fire Chief are:
- Deputy Chief - Administration
- (4) Assistant Chief - Operations: take turns as Duty Chief
- Assistant Chief, Education & Training
- Emergency Program Manager
- Clerical Support Team - consisting of an Administrative Assistant, Logistics Clerk and Fire Clerk.
This team works closely to keep the organization oiled and the rubber on the road.
580 Fitzwilliam Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 6E2 Telephone (250) 753-7311 Fax (250) 753-5480
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday) Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to Top