What goes in your garbage and recycling?
Do you need to know what can go in your garbage and recycling? Separate your waste into one of three streams:
Can I put it in my green bin?
- Contain it with either a yellow bag (available from City facilities) or a clearly marked rigid container.
- Rinse all your recyclables.
- Contain shredded paper in one clear plastic bag tied on top.
- Call Progressive Waste Solutions at 250-758-5360 with any inquiries.
If you are unable to attend the depot these items can be placed in your garbage.
- Garbage is collected every 2 weeks.
- Garbage cans must not be larger than 77 litres (alternatively use one standard sized bag: 28"x36" or 31"x33").
- Put your garbage out by 8am on day of collection.
- Got extra garbage? Buy a garbage tag for $3 (max 2 per collection). See Where to Buy Garbage Tags or call Public Works at 250-758-5222 for sales locations.