Dispute Parking Ticket or Bylaw Notice
Bylaw Notice Dispute Process
Get the Facts before you Act
Make an informed decision before disputing a ticket. Before you apply to dispute a City of Nanaimo parking ticket, keep these things in mind:
- A paid ticket cannot be disputed
- An adjudicator cannot reduce the ticket amount
- Fewer than 5% of tickets adjudicated are cancelled
- A $25 fee is charged in addition to your ticket if your adjudication process is unsuccessful
- The adjudicator makes a decision based on facts. Personal circumstances are not considered.
Submit a separate application for each ticket you choose to dispute. Fill out a Bylaw Ticket Dispute Form.
Did You Get a Notice by Mail?
You may get a notice in the mail about a parking ticket that you did not receive on your vehicle. You will be required to pay this ticket using the Bylaw Notice Ticket Payment process.
Parts of a Parking Ticket
These are the parts of a City of Nanaimo violation ticket.
1. Vehicle Licence Number
2. Violation Date
3. Violation Time
4. Ticket Number
Go to Top